Friday, February 1, 2008

Hot Peach Ginger Sauce

I made this up the other night when we were having a chicken-version of the Jamaican Jerk Pork Chops and didn't have any mangoes....
Heat a good handful of frozen peach slices (we had leftover from another meal) in your smallest sauce pan with a half cup orange juice, a splash of lemon juice, a squeeze of honey and a few dashes each of dried ground ginger and cayenne pepper. Heat over low/medium heat until peaches begin to break down and sauce starts to thicken. Either leave as is or puree (I used my hand blender) until thick and smooth.
It was a little on the hot side of what I was going for but ended up complementing the chicken really well. The end result was fruity, sweet and hot. Some fresh herbs might have finished it off well but I didn't have any.

No comments: