Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Uncrusting of America: Mallow Fries



Em and I found these gems at our local Kwik-E Mart (Walgreens). For $0.59 I was sucked into buying them ... purely for their blogg-ability and absurdity-factor.


Now, to be fair, I have seen similar candies before in my life. Hell, my grandfather loved to eat the chewy marshmallow circus peanuts which I am pretty sure had 0 peanut, marshmallow, or chew in them and were in fact surplus government rubber from WWII. But I digress.

These wonderful joys of a snack came in a small plastic bag touting their exception flavor and left me wondering if alarms went off and confetti shot into the air when they added the millionth ingredient.

I have to say, the fries themselves were not all that bad. Same surplus rubber as the peanuts. The problem was the "Kandy Ketchup". It was Horrible! I guess you get what you pay for. :-p



This last pic is from a recent trip to Ted Drewes here in STL. Oh, how its good to be back home. (The massive lines, which actually move very quickly, are nothing compared to the site that is TDs after a Cards game lets out). :-D If you ever have the opportunity, there are few things better in this world than a TD's banana and peanut butter cup concrete.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I must correct you, the proper term for that concrete is the "All Shook Up" :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, call me next time you go to TDs! Those mallow fries look totally gross, but do remind me of grandpa's mallow peanuts.
mom