Thursday, August 30, 2007

I am going to get fat at this rate

I am not fat yet, but this past week is certainly pushing me in that direction.

Last weekend I took in the the Festival of Nations with my parents. They had small booths setup with food from all over the world, plus entertainment and things to buy.

Tuesday was free pizza lunch put on by the design patterns group (dependency injection and pepperoni!) plus a ice cream social to celebrate fiscal year '07 at work.

Wednesday was free doughnuts and bagels at a morning meeting, lunch in the cafeteria where large sandwiches plus inhouse made chips are $4.00, and cake for someone's birthday (I didn't partake, but it was offered) To top it all off Em made a wonderful batch of sauce.

Today we had a multi-team picnic offsite (that the contractors get to bill for since it was work related ;-) ) where they had Bandana's BBQ, and cookies/cake.

This weekend is Labor Day Weekend, so I am sure there will be BBQs galore, plus there is a Greek festival in town and possibly a Japanese one. And there is a Scotish one around October.

Hurray for Tums!

No comments: